To ensure your speedy recovery, your surgeon and our nurses will meet with you to provide post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest, and medications. Our Center will provide a written copy of instructions for you to take home.
- The average length of stay following surgery is two hours, but this may be much shorter for children or adults who have brief procedures.
- Have a responsible adult drive you home and be with you for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
- During this time:
- Don’t drive a car or operate power equipment
- Don’t sign legal documents or make important decisions
- Don’t care for a dependent person
- Don’t drink alcohol or take any medications not prescribed by your doctor
- Follow your Doctor’s instructions carefully.
Our care for you does not end when you leave the center. We will call to make sure you are having a smooth recovery, and we will answer any questions you may have about your visit. If you are going to a family member's or friend's home after surgery, please leave a number where we can reach you the day after surgery. Do not hesitate to call us with any additional questions.
For questions about your medications, or if a problem arises after the surgery center closes, please call your physician’s office and ask for the doctor on call.
You will receive a satisfaction survey from us to help evaluate our performance as your care provider. Please take a moment to complete the survey when you receive it. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with excellent, attentive care, and we value your input.
Thank you for choosing Lone Peak Surgery Center.